Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday Smorgasbord

A few quick items since I don't feel like writing a lot about a little. I'll do a little about a lot this time...

I made the fateful choice to purchase Warhammer Online today. As I have said before, I used to play World of Warcraft (level 70 Dwarf Paladin, Burning Blade server). I always used to think the forum kiddies who said that Warhammer would smash WoW were a bit crazy. I was right, but hold the presses. WoW at release was amazingly well polished, it remains a very well polished product today, and Wrath of the Lich King will undoubtedly be more of the same. Warhammer lacks the spit-shine of WoW, but it has some fun content and has other good things going for it.

Thomas Friedman is the man. I also enjoy the commentary of David Gergen on CNN.

Things aren't looking good for John McCain, and Barack Obama looks to be in good shape (reminder: still a month or so to go). Sarah Palin is gearing up for her 2012 run for president (God forbid America should be subjected to such a fate). Nope, I don't like Sarah Palin. Friedman covers the basics, but I have a few reasons of my own. She might even qualify for a more thorough post in the coming weeks.

At long last, the great dark time of the year has ended and hockey once more emerges from the golf clubhouse to fight mediocrity. I love hockey. The most perfect combination of conditions come together to make hockey amazing: speed, physicality, passion (not to mention steel blades, carbon fiber sticks, armor, and a playing surface composed of ice). The Red Wings have a solid team this year and they stand a good chance of repeating a Stanley Cup Championship. There are a lot of good hockey posts to be had. Also, you better believe that the college football BCS will get a post by December. Michigan football is in the crapper this year (unless they can pick off Ohio State), so I need to get excited about something. Granted, I get excited (read: incensed) about the BCS every year.

This weekend: half-sister's wedding (avoiding political discussions with legion right-wing family members), going to Michigan-Toledo game, Red Wings home opener (banner goes up, Toronto's pants go down), and the new Russell Crowe movie.

1 comment:

Alb said...

You went to the Michigan-Toledo game and you didn't stop by to say hi? :( ::insert hurt feelings here::