Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update coming soon[ish]!

I intended to make a post last Friday, but I ran into some unforeseen delays.

I had the actual post written up with pictures and proofreading, but I decided to do it in MS Word 2007. I thought I could simply copy + paste the text into the composition field, import the pictures and publish the post. Unfortunately, doing so created all kinds of ugly HTML error messages. So then I tried to copy + paste the word document into a Wordpad document (where I have successfully composed blog posts before), save it in Wordpad, close Wordpad, open the Wordpad document and copy + paste it into the blog. No luck. I tried to use the special blog post wizard thingy that Word 2007 has, but then I can't upload my pictures. I guess I am going to have to rewrite the whole bloody thing in the composition field when I am feeling especially patient and/or bored.

Woe is me...

2 comments:

Alb said...

:( I have that problem too. And sometimes the font doesn't "convert" like I want it to, and blogger misreads my spaces or something?

Ah well, sucks to be me and my relative html illiteracy.

Dan Jenkins said...

Yeah, that happened, too. I tried going through the html code and just deleted what the error reporter told me was wrong. Sadly, that didn't help me. I know how to do some basic html like the bold, italic and hyperlink functions, but that's about it.

:((((((((((((((((