Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Highlights!



Hmm...

The commercials were occasionally amusing. The allegedly 3-D commercials were sadly lacking 3-D quality (yes, I was wearing 3-D glasses and I accept the consequences), but the new Star Trek trailer was nice. Speaking of which, this year's Super Bowl had an extraordinarily high proportion of movie trailers. Unfortunately, one of those was for The Fast and the Furious.

Well, at least the game was good. I'm glad that Roethlisberger didn't get the MVP (Kurt Warner was incredible in the second half). I was stunned by one statistic: all three of Arizona's wide receivers (Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston) had over 1,000 receiving yards this season.

3 comments:

Alb said...

Seriously . . . you were wearing 3-D glasses? o.O

Jackson said...

This is unrelated to your post, but you should read Diplomacy. Just a reminder.

Dan Jenkins said...

Thanks for the reminder! I had completely forgotten about Kissinger's book. I'm currently trying to finish a horrible book about American military history (it will undoubtedly warrant a blog post once I finish). I recently picked up "Paris 1919" at B&N, which I think I remember you reading at one point. I also recently read a great novel by Cormac McCarthy called "The Road" about a father and son traveling across a post-apocalyptic US. I finished it in a day which is rare for me with any book not about Harry Potter or written by Dan Brown.

Once I finish the bad US history book, I can indulge my masochistic qualities by finishing Lost Odyssey.